2008年10月24日 星期五

dilemma

(Guilin, this summer, after a boat ride in a stalactite cave)

It's not just two to decide from in life.
Just finished brunch, ready for an afternoon of intense study and reading.

I read this somewhere saying we all work hard to create more possibilities in life but actually take up too much time to focus on important things.

Sounds reasonable, right?
And you think you're rational enough to not do so?

But step back and think about your every day life, short term goals and what you're doing right now. I think the best observation related to this is preparing for a masters degree when you're not sure if you need one but just because everyone else is or having the thought "I might just waste the whole time anyway, better do something concrete". But what if you spent the year doing other things? I'm not saying "don't get a masters" but just explaining how we really do work hard to keep oportunities open, but have little information on the oportunities missed.

I am so happy how I'm living this year full of friends, in the conference organizing committee, reading and studing and living a healthy life. And the good news is, I'm finally going to start bicycling next week!!! Thanks Makiyo and Bear. Anyone interested?

But I'm shortening my time on the phone these days. I think I'm getting a tumor.

Our new trainee from Canada is coming, our SYLC VP graduation trip is coming, my high school's anniversary is coming, a few more meetings are coming, trip to Taipei is coming, new books to read are coming, mid terms are coming...

GO sNCF. GO military test.

This is the best year ever.