2008年10月14日 星期二

slow down

(inside SYU, road to class, today)

Right, slow down. Do that once in a while that is.
But why, you ask?
Because if you keep speeding on, you miss the chance to really look around and reflect.

Still, if you're sure where you're going, STEP ON IT!!!

Got back my book "The economy of aesthetices", which was lying in the office of general classes since I applyed for some social studies class there last week. But I have a new book in my hands already and I'm looking forward to finishing the both of them this week. Class this afternoon was short, we finished half an hour early so I head on to my next classroom and sat outside reading.

Midterms are coming, a few of them seem challenging, but mostly because I'm really taking this semester very very very serious. I'm starting to go through the most special experience of my life, one that I chose myself and have to live through.

But it was good that I slowed down a bit. I needed to prioritize clearly what I really need to do, what I want and what I see of me in ten years. Still have much to learn about leadership, problem soving and management, and the test of sNCF continues.

Had dinner today with JOJO. He was my teammate when I was VPER of SYLC, and we actually started to know each other better after we finished our term. He went to Cambodia this summer and if you're interested he wrote all about his journey HERE, feel free to check it out. He's the kind of person that speaks slow, soft and in short sentences, it's pretty difficult to understand him sometimes, but I always think it must be my own problem (well, it's easier thisway). Thanks for always being around to help out, and in this case, I'm really counting on it.

An alumni of TPLC, a CEO of a company now once said
"If you cannot help the people around you to grow and improve, you're worth nothing."
Please give me the ability to learn this by heart.

But I must slow down first.
Or I'm going to miss out what's really happening around me and overlook the people around me who they really are.
The biggist enemy is always yourself, eh?