2008年10月9日 星期四

Lunch was superB!

(wall of QK in 公館, taipei, taken today)

You're experiencing the afernoon of Jimmy Weng. This is what it looks like when I turn my head away from my notebook, the wall of QK in Taipei, 公館. The B in the title was an accident but I think it looks fine, not marketing BLOGGER whatsoever (but if they're willing to pay, that'll be a different matter).

Woke up at 7:00 this morning again but stayed in bed till 7:40, finally did I have the nerve to kick myself out of bed and start packing. Head to the high speed rairoad station and was fortunate enough to get on the 9:06 train, which only takes one and a half hr to arive in Taipei. Though I mislooked the price for the ticket which is normally 1000 somthing because there's no discount the day before a holiday, which is tomorrow (the double tenth day), but I'll take it. Stupid enough to not bring a book, I spent the morning using my notebook to finish some work on sNCF, a few connection maps and a full JD for different OC positions. Is is about time I start worrying about whether I'll pull this off? Hey, when do I EVER worry. It'll be a great conference and definately rewarding XP.

Taipei was raining when I arived at NTU and I had to go inside Eslite bookstore to keep myself dry. But Dereck and Sandy showed up much on time so we head for Sababa for lunch. They serve a variety of pitas, Dereck and I both had two and Sandy ordered a salad. Quite nice this Sababa, seen it's ad before in magazines but never thought I'd be there in person, thank you Sandy:) It was the first good converstion I'd have with them since I met them in APXLDS in 2005 (or 2006?), we were always seperated by distance (to be honest, I was the one seperated...) and we had quite a nice time chatting as Alumni. I hate gossip but it's just too rewarding when you get to hear some, and you tend to share back as well. Ain't that strange? I read in an article some time ago that if your company has gossip going around your company has better information connection between employees, wonder how they measured that??? Dear Dereck's joining the army in ten days and was very helpful to offer me his notes on preparing for the exam of reserve officers. He scored really high...I better get prepared right away.

It's all sun right now and I'm sitting by a window, a really nice place to spend the afternoon when I have to wait for my friend until 7 pm. Accidentally saw our 0506 MCP Mathew across my table (why did I not go by and say hello? he's leaving right now as I type this sentence) and another AIESECer from...wait... I actually don't know. The latter busy for the newie seminars that are coming in a week, I truely hope AIESEC in TW will do well this year.

Well, better start now, almost 3:30.
Many emails to send, things to prepare and material to read.
You're welcome to wish me luck, but please do invite me for lunch if you're free.

沒有留言: