2008年10月18日 星期六

tripodking

(coffee shop near dream mall, Kaohsiung, yesterday, upsidedown)


What's a tripodking? To be honest, if I' didnt' write me blog in english I would never know.
It's interesting when you try and approach things in life that were once very familiar but so very different when you give it a different perspective.

Spent the day with emily after we met in SYLC's aiesec office in school right above 7-11 in a coffee shop. I haven't been inside our aiesec LC office for a long time, never really found the reason to be there (it's sooo hot and humid, especially for someone who sweats as hard as I do) and there wasn't much to do either. Emily and I had lunch there and left for a quiet afternoon working. She was preparing for the Newies Seminar in TFLC today and I was still trying to learn my French correctly and manage to get our national conference on track.

The afternoon was great, but it was around 6 when I proposed the idea we should have dinner at 鼎王, a famous hot pot restaurant. What is 鼎王? Well, that's what tripod king is. Check it out HERE. Emily was a bit reluctant but I could tell she wanted to go badly, since she's had the idea for nearly a week but wanted to keep her senses. She said she'll go if I can find another three to join us and soon I was making calls. Though in the end emily, julie and I ended up there, I could tell emily was already preparing for a nights battle with the hot pot.

They sure serve good food. A bit expensive, but after you've tried their hot pot, you can tell the difference. I went to bed with a very happy soul but dead stuffed belly.

This morning was a lecture at school about the financial crises that's been storming the whole world's economy these weeks. The lecturer was our past principle a few years ago, one I favor a lot, and he gave a short, clear two hour presentation. In my opinion about the whole situation is that people are too damn gready and if they can find a way to justify their actions they will. Is that the game I'm going to play in the future years? Wanted to ask a few questions but I already had a date with upjo to study this afternoon, so here we are in midtown bagel. Ordered my usual breakfast (they serve for the whole time) and now I'm trying to finish reading the powerpoints of our prof.

Let's hope I finish the first four chapters before today ends.

沒有留言: