2008年10月7日 星期二

Standing on a raft half in water.

(aboard a raft on the Li river in Guilin this summer)

Maybe that's why they don't sink.
If you never acknowledge the existence of a possible crisis, how do you stay sharp and ahead?
Not trying to compete but to keep at least one step or two before things get messy.

A new book stack has formed on my desk just to remind you that you have serious reading to finish.(I'm talking to myself, ok?) Without a goal for reading, a book that normally take a month to finish will end up trash in a few years even before you check out the contents. (though in the past I NEVER read the contents, I do now)

Had a quick lunch this noon, said goodbye to my grandma (she's staying at our house for some time) and I went straight to school for class. It's nice to be on schedule with the syllabus and I sure learned a lot today. Which means, I'd better start preparing for my mid terms, even though in a few classes I'm just an auditor. Spent some time talking to 昭慶 (no idea what her English name is) about how we choose what to read before class, and I really didn't get the time to have progress in my new book (actually a book I finished halfway some a few months ago).

One of the classes I took today is a a general knowledge course called "math analysis", I think.
It was helping me review what I learned in statistics, but in a diferent way. Too bad they didn't have this class before I learned statistics or I may have done a lot better.

Though I wonder what the people in this course are thinking? I can never tell, I'm already past that age. A good improvement for thyself is I was very very focused during the two classes today, or to say for this past month it's been so. Dunno why?

Leaving to Taipei tomorrow afternoon, still some work to be done.
Also be meeting a Prof or two tomorrow, better be prepared!

Off for a swim!!!

2 則留言:

chaowauntung 提到...

來你這邊真好~還可以練英文!!!!XD
哈哈哈
我也開始想要用GOOGLE的網誌耶!!!哈哈

BTW~你記不記得我們之前有說要爬玉山 跟conk吧!!
不知道有無人記得!!!
我!!!超!!!想!!!爬!!!

不過我們得先練體力~~你覺得何如 哈哈哈

To become a great thinker, you must THINK. 提到...

How'd you find this place? Smart you are :) I think the idea's great, as long as we have the time.